This week I have done nothing but whine and complain about so many things to God. I can just imagine God holding his ears this week as I have whined and complained about every little thing I could think of. Good gracious, I’m even tired of hearing my own whining! Things have just been so hectic that all I’ve done is whine and complain! Here is kinda my run down list to God this week. Take a peek and see if you have said any of these things to God lately:
- God, I am so tired of being overweight. Can’t you just suck the fat out and from now on I will make better choices about what I eat
- God, I am so sleepy and I could use a nap but I know if I don’t play this level 83 of this game then someone will come behind me and get ahead of me and then I will have to start all over again
- God I am so tired of cooking and cleaning up after these half grown people you call my family. Can’t you just make them magically pick up after themselves and wait on me hand and foot for a change?
- God I am sick and tired of doing Math. Why do we need math again? Now how many cookies did they each get again?
- Lord, when do I get to have me time? I mean when I get out of this 45 minute bathtub soak, I have to go into the living room and sit and enjoy some family time watching our favorite shows and I just don’t have time for me. When God when?????
As you can tell by my list, I have been full of “whinyitis” this week. But to be honest, we get whiny when we are no longer content with the things that God has us going through.
God does not allow us to go through those things in order to punish us or to harm us, but we go through those things in order to build character in us.
A while back, my son went through a character building stage. He sprained his ankle and is not used to this kind of “building process”, so he had to readjust some of the things he normally does in order to accept with a challenge those new things that God was doing in his life.
What about you? Does God have you going through some things and instead of accepting them, you happen to be complaining about them? I challenge you to embrace those hurdles and overcome them! Enjoy the day and remember…..less whiny, more shiny!!!