A Martha Heart is blessed to have many contributors/writers from many walks of life in many different stages of life. The one thing we all share, however, is our faith. We are a group of Christian women who have come together under one “roof.”
While there are numerous denominations within the Christian faith, there are some tenants of Christianity that we all agree upon. Our desire and purpose here at A Martha Heart is not to divide but to unite. That being the case, we agree individually and as a whole on the following:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that in Adam’s sin of disobedience to the revealed will and Word of God, man lost his innocence, incurring the penalty of spiritual and physical death. With no recuperative powers to enable him to recover himself, man is hopelessly lost.
- We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through the shedding of His blood and sacrificial death on the cross.
- We believe that salvation is wholly of God by grace on the basis of the redemption of Jesus Christ, the merit of His shed blood, and not on the basis of human merit or works.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration of the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the supernatural and sovereign Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the Body of Christ. The Holy Spirit also indwells, sanctifies, instructs, empowers us for service, and seals us unto the day of redemption.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
You can read here to see WHY we chose A Martha Heart, as our name.